Self-employment (“egenanställning”) is well suited for those who wish to be able to control the organization of their work to a greater degree, but who do not want to give up safe working conditions. The”egenanställd” is an employee and pays A-tax. As a “egenanställd”, you also have the right to claim statutory rights such as employment protection according to LAS, sick pay according to the Sick Pay Act and holiday benefits.
To be "egenanställd"
By joining a “egenanställningsföretag”, a person becomes “egenanställd”. The “egenanställd” can then invoice for assignments when the “egenanställningsföretag” has verified and approved the assignment in question. The “egenanställningsföretag” then enters into an agreement with the end customer and offers the “egenanställd” who performs the assignment a fixed-term employment that regulates the execution of the assignment.
For whom is "egenanställning" suitable?
Self-employment is suitable for many types of workers with different conditions and experiences. Today, the “egenanställd” make up almost a cross-section of Sweden, with everything from students who are given a springboard into working life to seniors who want to stay employed after retirement.
Choose the right "egenanställningsföretag" >>
Norms and definitions
The employment law definition of “egenanställd” reads as follows:
- An “egenanställd” worker has a regulated right to procure assignments with clients on behalf of “egenanställningsföretaget”.
- The “egenanställningsföretag” is the employer of the self-employed and provides temporary employment for the execution of tasks for one or more different clients.
- The “egenanställningsföretag” has F tax, is the legal contractor and as such must deliver in relation to the client.
- The “egenanställningsföretag” invoices the client, reports employer contributions, makes tax deductions and pays out the remaining amount as salary to the “egenanställd”.
- The “egenanställd” has A-tax and, as an employee, has the right to claim statutory rights such as e.g. employment protection according to LAS, sick pay according to the Sickness Pay Act and holiday benefits.
- The “egenanställningsföretag” takes out insurance for the “egenanställd” and must carry out systematic work environment work in accordance with the Work Environment Act.